I have a Swedish Meatball recipe that we already like, but I searched for this one when my husband was trying to eat keto and honestly, I think I actually like this one even more. That night I actually just used the precooked frozen meatballs from Costco. I just made the sauce and threw the meatballs into it to heat them up once the sauce ingredients came together–but these meatballs are probably more keto friendly. This recipe is only for 4 servings. I think I 1 and 1/2 it for my family. My kids like these over egg noodles, but if you are trying to eat keto you could serve them with cauliflower rice or a cauliflower mash.
KETO SWEDISH MEATBALLS
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1 lb ground beef or ground pork or a mix
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1tsp salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 pinch ground allspice
- 3 Tbsp butter
Cream Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 1/4 C heavy whipping cream
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- salt and pepper
- Grate or chop onion finely and put in a bowel with the ground meat. Add the other ingredients and mix well.
- Wet your hands, and roll the mixture into meatballs that are approximately 1 inch in diameter.
- Add butt to a frying pan and fry the meatballs over medium heat until fully cooked through.
- For the sauce: Cook the cream and cream cheese in a saucepan. Mix in the left over juices from the frying pan used to cooke the meatballs. For a thinner sauce, dilute with a couple tablespoons of water.
- Add soy sauce.
- Lower the heat and let simmer for a couple minutes or until you reach the desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper.