My daughter Olivia has been asking for crab cakes lately. I have some crab cake recipes that I really like but they generally call for bread crubs. My husband still fancies himself a keto dieter, so I went in search of a more keto friendly version. I landed on this recipe from foodnetwork. It had egg in the batter and when fried up the eggs solidify and form a crispy texture without any needed breadcrumbs. They turned out good. I really liked the mustard sauce, but my husband wasn’t a fan and would have much preferred my lemon tartar sauce.
KETO CRAB CAKES
Ingredients crab cakes:
- 1 lb blue crabmeat (I honestly just used white canned crab meat)
- 1 Tbsp small diced red pepper
- 1 Tbsp small diced green pepper
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp mayonaise
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp Old Bay spice
- canola oil for frying
Ingredients mustard sauce:
- 1/4 C mayonaise
- 1/4 dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp fresh lemon juice
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients, except oil until blended.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- With a tablespoon spoon poker-chip size mini cakes into the pan.
- Cook on 1 side until firm, about 2 minutes, and then flip and cook for about 1 minutes more.
- Cook in batches as necessary.