For some reason Halloween screams Chili to me. This year I made a no bean version of chili for the husband trying to eat keto (not sure that still deems it chili by definition, but we pretended it was). I topped it with a bunch of cheese, tortilla chips, sour cream and avocado and didn’t really miss the beans at all. The left over meat was great on top of eggs the next morning and would work great on taco salad or as taco filling too. You could also serve it on top of cauliflower rice.
CHILI CON CARNE
- 3 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp ground coriander
- 1 lb canned diced tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Place large pot over high heat.
- Add the oil, onion, garlic and chopped jalapenos. Saute for 3-5 minutes until onion is translucent.
- Add chili powder, salt and stir well.
- Add the ground beef. Stir continuously to break apart the meat, saute for 10 mins until beef is well browned.
- Add the tomato paste, paprika, cumin, and coriander and stir well.
- Cook for 5 minutes before adding canned diced tomatoes and pepper. Mix well.
- Reduce heat to a low simmer and continue to cook, uncovered for 20-30 minutes.
- Add additional salt or pepper if desired.