I was looking for something different than the typical meat and veggies dinner we always seem to have these days trying to accommodate my keto dieting husband. I wanted something saucy to use over spaghetti squash noodles I planned to make. And I needed something easy for a busy day. I found this Crock Pot Chicken Marsala which was super simple and a winner! This would be great over pasta, or rice, or even a baked potato. But tonight, we all enjoyed it over spaghetti squash noodles.
CROCK POT CHICKEN MARSALA
- olive oil
- 4 medium sized chicken breasts (or I used chicken tenders and it worked fine)
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 C dry marsala wine (I usually just buy the cooking marsala)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 C heavy whipping cream
- fresh parsley, optional for garnish
- grated parmesan cheese, optional for garnish
- Add oil to the slow cooker and spread around base.
- Add chicken to bottom of slow cooker.
- Layer mushrooms on top. Season with salt and pepper and pour marsala over top.
- Cover with lid and cook on high for 3-4 hours.
- Remove chicken and mushrooms when cooked, whisk in cream until thickened.
- Add chicken and mushrooms back in and cook for an additional 20-30 minutes.
- Top with fresh chopped parsley and fresh grated parmesan cheese if desired.