My husband has been doing well on the keto diet for a few months now. I can’t say my culinary spirited self is in love with the restrictions this seems to place on my dinner creations, but I am trying. I had my first go at cauliflower rice from an actual cauliflower head. It actually turned out pretty good, all the kids gobbled it up like it was regular rice. And my little sous chef Carter loved feeding cauliflower chunks to my food processor.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- a few Tbsp olive oil
- I used my grater attachment for my food processor to mill cauliflower through in pieces that fit through food processor feed.
- Once I had grated the whole cauliflower head, I heated about 2 Tbsp olive oil in my wok.
- Added the grated cauliflower, seasoned with salt and pepper. Stirred it a bit.
- Then, covered and let steam until softened about 3-5 minutes.
- And that’s all there is to this rice replacement.
*For the record, I have bought frozen cauliflowered rice. It is convenient for sure and much easier to whip up, but I don’t think it tastes as good.