Ravioli Alfredo for the win! All three of my kids loved this tonight. I saw a similar recipe in a Food Network Magazine and adapted this to the ingredients I had on hand. It turned out great, and only took me 20 minutes to repair! That’s a WIN-WIN!!!!
RAVIOLI ALFREDO WITH ARTICHOKES
- Kosher salt
- ~18 oz packaged ravioli- I used cheese, but mushroom would be good
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 9-oz can artichoke hearts, rinsed (original recipe called for frozen artichoke hearts but I couldn’t find them)
- freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 chicken broth (original recipe called for 1/4 white wine which I would probably love and my kids not so much)
- 1/2 C heavy cream
- 1/2 grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 C frozen peas, thawed
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil (original recipe called for fresh tarragon)
- Bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the ravioli and cook as the label directs. Reserve 1/2 C cooking water, then drain.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shallot, artichoke hearts, 1/4 tsp salt and a few grinds of pepper. Cook, stirring, until the artichokes are golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add the broth/wine and cook until mostly evaporated, about 1 minute. Add the heavy cream and bring to a simmer. Add the parmesan, peas and nutmeg. Cook, stirring, until the sauce is thickened, about 1 minute.
- Add the reserved cooking water to the skillet and gently stir to combine; then add ravioli and basil or tarragon stirring again. Season with salt and pepper.