This is an old college recipe back from the days when I lived with 5 roommates. This was one of our favorite go to desserts because it was easy. It’s a super rich chocolate pie, so a small slice will do. We always bought the pre-made graham cracker crusts in tins from the store, but you could make your own too.
CHOCLATE SATIN PIE
- 1 prepared 8-in graham cracker crust
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 C semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Whipped cream
- chopped nuts (optional)
- Whisk together evaporated milk and egg yolks in medium saucepan.
- Heat over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is very hot and thickens slightly; do not boil.
- Remove from heat; stir in chocolate until completely melted and mixture is smooth.
- Pout into crust and refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm.
- Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with nuts.