Halloween inevitably brings pumpkin carving and pumpkin carving means roasted pumpkin seeds. We’ve got pumpkin carving down to a science at our house. They kids and I dream up what we want on our pumpkins all day long this usually involves some googling for pictures to copy. Derek does all the knife work after watching me in horror the first year sure that I would chop off one of my appendages. My Mom was in town this year, so you kindly drew patterns on each pumpkin for Derek to cut out, which allowed me the job of separating all the pulp from the seeds so I could roast up some delicious pumpkin sees to munch on instead of candy. After 3 pumpkins worth of seeds had been separated, I was finally ready to roast them up.
ROASTED PUMPKIN SEEDS
- Pumpkin seeds, pulp removed
- Garlic salt
- Sea Salt
- Cayenne Pepper
- Olive oil
- Rinse separated seeds in colander to get as much pulp off as possible.
- Toss seeds in a couple Tablespoons of olive oil.
- Season to taste with garlic salt (or garlic powder), sea salt, pepper, paprika, and cayenne pepper.
- Spread in single layer on cookie sheet covered with aluminum foil.
- Roast in oven at 300 degrees for 45-60 minutes until sees are dry and starting to brown.
- Enjoy this festive snack instead of candy.