This is a gem I found from the weight watchers sight. It’s supposed to be a lighter version of Chicken Cordon Bleu (mostly because they omit the sauce). This is such a delicious think to serve especially for company and it literally only takes 30 minutes to make.
CHICKEN CORDON BLEU
- Four 4oz pieces of chicken
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 oz Prosciutto (I’m sure thinly sliced deli ham could be used in place of this)
- 2 oz Jarlsberg or low fat swiss cheese, sliced thin
- 1/3 C dried plain breadcrumbs
- 1/3 C chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 2 egg whites
- cooking spray 2 sprays (I usually just add a little exra butter and olive oil and don’t bother with this)
- 1/2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- Place chicken between wax paper and pound until 1/4 inch think.
- Rub chicken with salt and pepper.
- Put prosciutto and cheese over chicken. Fold in half and press down.
- Combine bread crumbs, parsley, and 1/2 tsp pepper.
- Place flour on plate.
- Whip egg whites.
- Coat chicken in flour, then egg whites, then bread crumbs.
- Coat skillet with cooking spray, add oil and butter over medium high heat.
- When shimmering (1-2 minutes), place chicken in pan and cook until cooked through (about 8 minutes), flipping once.