We have the most amazing apple tree in our backyard that produces these ginormous sweet red apples. Everyone always asked me what kind they are and I really don’t know. I feel like most people can apple sauce with their apples, but I don’t particularly like apple sauce. We mostly dry our apples in ring to make these apple chips. This is not an intricate recipe I follow it’s more just a splash of this and a splash of that, but this is about what I did tonight.
- I use my spiral corer/slicer and usually leave the skin on to made easy apple rings for my dehydrator.
- In a large bowl combine about 1/2 lemon juice, 1 Tbsp of honey,and fill it most of the way with water (I think the honey and lemon are mostly to preserve and keep from browning, so they could probably be omitted if desired).
- Let apple spirals soak for about 5-10 minutes.
- Lay apples in single layer ring on dehydrator racks. I have a NESCO and 8 trays.
- I set my NESCO dehydrator to 135 degrees and let them dehydrate until dry and chewy. This usually takes about 7 or 8 hours.