Derek has on multiple occasions attempted to lose weight via weight watchers online. It always works while he follows it which tends to be a few weeks at a time at the most. My favorite thing about Derek on weight watchers is my access to their online recipe base. This is one recipe I found there one night when Derek was dying for dessert but didn’t have a lot of points left over for the day. If they are made real small, (like teaspoon sized dough balls on the sheet) they are supposedly only one point each. I generally just make them bigger unless Derek is actually on again with his weight watchers counting. They call for only egg whites which I suppose is a health conscience effort, and as a result they have this airy crisp on the outside and chewy center which makes these kind of addicting.
CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- 1 C flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 C butter, softened
- 1/2 C dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1/3 C unsweetened cocoa
- 2 large eggs whites
- 1/3 C semi-sweet mini chocolate chips (not sure what the purpose of mini chocolate chips is…I often just used regular sized chips)
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- Beat butter and brown sugar until fluffy.
- Gradually add granulated sugar.
- Add cocoa and egg whites, beating well.
- Drop rounded teaspoonfuls (or more if you aren’t counting points) 1 1/2 inches apart on greased cookie sheet .
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes (may take a few minutes longer if the cookies are bigger).
- Cool on pan 2 minutes, then on wire rack.