The rumor in my ward growing up was that Marcie McKee made the best chocolate chip cookies. So, when I was collecting recipes for my recipe collection as a young women this was one I had to snag. The first time I made these for Derek he said, “Is there something special about these cookies?” And since then I have numerous people state that this is the best chocolate chip cookie recipe. Chocolate chip cookies aren’t my favorite they just seem so ordinary, but Liv’s favorite cookies to make are chocolate chip and she requested these today.
MARCIE McKEE’S CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- 1 C sugar
- 1 C packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 C shortening
- 2/3 C butter, softened
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 C flour
- 8 oz chocolate chips
- Beat butter, shortening and sugars together.
- Mix in the eggs and vanilla.
- Combine all the dry ingredients and add them in.
- Then, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350 degree for 12-15 minutes.