I remember attending what I recall to be a BBQ for my Dad’s work folks when I was in high school. It was pot luck style and everyone was supposed to bring something. My Dad made some fresh guacamole and brought chips for everyone to eat it with. I remember thinking it was the best guacamole and paid close attention to how he made it, so I could repeat it myself. To this day I love to make my Dad-inspired fresh guacamole. I add a few extra things for kicks, but I got the basic no how from him, and love to attribute thanks to him whenever I’m paid a compliment for it.
- 3 ripe avocados, roughly chopped
- 1 anaheim pepper, diced small
- 3 green onions, sliced thin
- 1-2 tomatoes (depending on size), diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- salt to taste
- a little squeeze of lime juice (maybe half a lime- this is option but keeps it from turning brown if you have any left over)
*Toss it all in a bowl and then mash together with a potato masher, then enjoy with tortilla chips.