Most of the stuff I make often tends to be a little labor intensive and not always kids friendly. When my Mom comes to town, she always thinks up all the best snacks that are totally on my kids level. She’s made these the past few times she’s come to town and my kids devour them. I decided to that I’d take a page from her book and threw these together for our mostly kid attended, but also adult attended New Years Eve Party this year. They were equally enjoyed by both kid and adult alike enjoyed. My Mom makes them with strictly little smokies and crescent rolls. I happened to have an abundance of sliced cheese in the fridge, so I threw that in too. These hardly warrant a recipe, but nonetheless here it is.
PIGS IN A BLANKET
- 1 package of little smokies
- 1 roll of pre-made crescent roll dough
- cut strips of cheese-whatever type you prefer can be shredded too, this particular time I used pre-sliced pepper jack for the adults and provolone for the kids
- Open crescent roll dough, cut each bigger triangle into 3 smaller triangles
- Wrap strip of cheese around one smokie, then wrap with small crescent dough triangle. Continue until all triangles filled.
- Bake on baking sheet 350 for 10-14 minutes until crescent roll golden brown.